Stay on your toes. Keep your elbows in. Don’t be afraid. You may be smaller, but just gather your courage, and when you hit, hit hard.

01 July 2008

I Can't Come to the Phone Right Now...I'm busy putting an embryo in a cow!

So, Monday was not such a manic one. Actually, it was a turning point from last week. Monday of last week in my Advanced Reproduction class, we artificially inseminated (AI) some heifers. This should not have a been a problem for me especially since I successfully had several pregnancies from my AI class two years ago. However, I was having major problems with it that day. Then, on Friday we practiced passing embryo transfer (ET) 'guns' into the uterus of a cow so we could put embryos in cows. I was unsuccessful at that as well. And I even practiced with the AI class hoping that would help. It did not help that much. Well, yesterday changed all that. We palpated ovaries and then I got to transfer a frozen embryo into a heifer. It went pretty fast and I was successful! So guess what... I'm ba-ack!
So the title of this post is because last week when I was splitting embryos, someone called me and my phone vibrated, that made me jump. And then Randy called me when I was transferring the embryo, that made it a little difficult to keep the 'gun' still.
Well, I've only got one week left and a ton left to do. Keep in touch!

2 comments:

McKay and Jessica said...

hey shanon! its jess (in case you didn't know) I herd you are oging to kentucky from Danielle. Thats soooo cool I bet you are sooooo exited!!! I have a blog too its silly-willeys.blogspot.com

love you

Christy And Jason said...

He so whats going on? Aren't you there by now...lol...just wonder how it was going and what you were doing. Hope all is well. Have fun!